BVC-CHAT Katrina Relief Effort in town

Lisa Tauferner tauferner at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 11:13:58 CDT 2005

Know this isn't cycling-related and some of you may
have already given or plan to give to charitable
organizations that are assisting in this effort. Just
wanted to pass on that some refugees from the storm
are here in town and need immediate assistance on some
items if you can give. Details below... -Lisa

-----------------------------
Katrina Relief Effort Update

Labor Day Weekend
Saturday through Monday
9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.

A relief effort to support the immediate needs of
Katrina victims will be held this Saturday through
Monday in College Station and Bryan. Please bring as
many items as possible to aid the victims of this
devastated region. We are asking for ONLY the
following very specific items.  Due to the changing
nature of this crisis, most of your aid will be used
to help Katrina refugees wherever they may be located
all over the South and specifically in the
Bryan/College Station area:

Bottled Water
Juice boxes for children
Ensure
Towels and Linens
Canned goods
Diapers & Baby Formula
Personal Hygiene Items
Laundry Detergent

Please collect and drop off the items at any one of
the following three locations:

In College Station:

305 Wellborn Road
(UU Church) two blocks south of TAMU Campus

In Bryan:

305 Cavitt Rd.
(Salvation Army) turn from Texas onto Old Post Office
next to Kroger

In Bryan, 8-7 Saturday only:

The Former Social Security Office
3965 E. 29th at Carter Creek
(United Way's First Call for Help)

Hosted by the UU Church in concert with our local
Chapter of The Salvation Army & First Call for Help.

For more information:

Contact the UU Church at 696-5285 or the Salvation
Army at 361-0618 or First Call for Help at 211.