[Bvc-chat] Bicycle Removal Policies on Campus

Greg Hercules moocowherc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:27:55 CDT 2010

So apparently transportation services will cut your bike lock and leave it
in a bike rack untethered and insecure if you have it attached to anything
other than a bike rack. The will do this without warning as well. Also, just
in case you guess didn't know, transportation services will also be
implementing a bike registration in October. All this is new to me after
thinking my bike had been stolen twice in the last 2 days after 4 years of
parking it in the same spot without issue.

When they tow cars they don't leave car doors unlocked with the engine
running, why should they leave bikes unlocked?
Any thoughts about this policy?
Negligence?

Herc