[Bvc-chat] The flagpole is dead long live the flaghole

Willie Allen maddogwillie2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 5 13:40:43 CDT 2010

From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel at TAMU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Sunday Snowcone Ride
To: CYCLING-TEAM at LISTSERV.TAMU.EDU
Date: Sunday, September 5, 2010, 12:31 PM

On Sep 5, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Andrew Carlberg wrote:Quick terms to be successful on the A&M Cycling Team:
Flagpole:  The large flagpole across from sul ross by military walk in Academic Plaza.Shellron:  The Shell gas station formally known as a chevron at the corner Hwy 6 and Harvey (Hwy 30).
See: http://goo.gl/1JIy (I have no idea why Google maps thinks there is an Olive Garden there...)

TNP: Take no Prisoners ride, can be painful if done properly
See: http://www.brazoscyclists.org/train.htm#TNP
I know there is more random terms we use but I am forget them right now, anyone care to add??
Tuesday team ride: Race-paced AMCT road ride leaving the flagpole on Tuesdays at (historically) 3:45.  (This hasn't been supplanted by the TNP, has it?)
BVC: The local Brazos Valley Cyclists club.  See: http://brazoscyclists.org
BVC Saturday ride (a.k.a. The Caldwell ride and The BVC Flagpole ride): BVC-sponsored "fast but friendly" 60-mile ride that leaves from the corner of Houston and Old Main just west of the flagpole every Saturday morning at 8:45 and usually includes a number of AMCT riders.  See: http://www.brazoscyclists.org/train.htm#Flagpole
-chris